Please sign in to post.

Cooking class in Florence

Anyone have any recommendations for a cooking class in Florence? Would prefer a class that does cooking only and not a market visit if possible.

Posted by
7419 posts

Here’s an excerpt from my trip report last September in Florence:

“ Two other activities that we definitely recommend were a city bike tour with “I Bike Florence – Original City Bike Tour” and a cooking class, “Pasta Class Florence, The Art of Pasta – Authentic Recipes”. I have been to Florence a couple of times. The bike tour took us to some of the places I hadn’t seen previously, and it was an overall fun experience for both of us. We saw so much during the three hours! Our guide, Martina, was excellent with lots of info, too. The pasta class was excellent! Our chef taught us how to make three different filled pastas and three widths of straight pasta. He offered me a job after seeing my rectangle of pasta dough & shapes. Hmmm! ; ) (Probably from my experience of making lots of croissants after a class in Paris.) His sauces were wonderful – some new excitement added to traditional recipes. We will definitely be making these recipes at home! Two places across the Ponte Vecchio bridge to recommend: I found my favorite Florence gelato shop again – Gelato Mancuso on Via Guicciardini, the main street up from the bridge.”

www.pastaclassflorence.com

Posted by
2348 posts

hey hey michele
cookly.me
type in florence and pick you class
italybest.com
10 best cooking classes in florence
getyourguide.com
in search type in florence cooking classes, many to choose from,
florencecookingclasses.com
look what is offered
discovertuscany.com
sends you to viator with many classes to check out
eatwith.com/florence
many different classes to choose from and going to a resident's home to cook.
airbnb.com/experiences florence
click food and drink and many classes offered, take your pick.
have fun and enjoy. we did a class at centale mercato upstairs at the market
aloha

Posted by
7419 posts

Just an awareness comment in case you don’t know - Viator is a middleman company. They don’t provide classes; they have you sign up, take your money and then contact the owners of the class. It’s always best to deal directly with the class owners, if possible.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks! Had an awful experience with Viator in Brugge so I will not deal with them anymore.
Always better to book direct.

Posted by
206 posts

I will 2nd Jean's recommendation for Pasta Class Florence! My Mom and I went in March and had a fantastic experience. You make the dough yourself, and the filling and then sit counterside as the chef expertly prepares three dishes with the pasta you just made.

I don't drink, but wine was flowing freely throughout the class, as were non-alcoholic drinks from the fridge. The atmosphere was upbeat and engaging the whole time and it was one of my favorite memories from our trip.

Enjoy!

PQ

Posted by
988 posts

We went to Mama Florence for the Tuscan class in May this year. While we did the market tour, they have options for only a cooking class. The class is taught by a professional chef. It was a small class, just 6 of us which allowed us extra time with the chef. Everything was hands-on, we received the recipes. I have recreated the dishes at home and they were easy to replicate.

Posted by
84 posts

We absolutely recommend Giuseppina in Certaldo. www.cucinagiuseppina.com

We also booked her when she toured the USA for a family function. Her children are also involved as they own vineyard and olive
fields. Small classes in her kitchen. Made home made pasta and sauce.