Please sign in to post.

Convent in Rome

Many thanks to everyone who has responded to my previous posting. Has anyone ever stayed at or heard of the Villa Rosa convent or the convent of San Giuseppe di Cluny in Rome? They both sound nice but I'm not able to get much detailed information from them. Unfortunately, Santa Elisabetta and Istituto il Rosario are already booked for my travel dates in May.

Posted by
4 posts

We have booked Suore Dorotee convent located halfway up the Janiculum hill within walking distance of the vatican and up the hill from the Trastevere region. They are English speaking 100 euros for 2 each night with breakfast. website is casafatima@libero.it. They are recommended by the vatican tourist bureau. Hope we like it. Carol

Posted by
612 posts

Hi Carol. Thanks for your reply. We, too looked at some of the convents near the Vatican. My only concern was bus service up the hill at the end of the evening. I have never yet stayed in a convent or monastery but I've been intrigued with the idea for several years. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience for both of us. Are you going soon? In any case, have a great vacation.

Posted by
1 posts

I stayed at Villa Rosa in 2004 and it was a perfectly delightful place. Irish Dominicans, so English was no problem. No curfew (!).. you had your own key. Excellent central location. It's a B&B. Euro50 for single; Euro85 for double; Euro105 for a room with 3 beds. Newly refurbished ensuite bathrooms were clean and snug. Right across the street from a bus stop for 2 major lines. Leisurely 15 minute walk to the Coliseum. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

Posted by
612 posts

Thanks, Jim
my husband and I stayed there in May and it was, indeed wonderful. I would encourage anyone looking for a calm and pleasant place to stay in Rome to check into one of the many convents.

Posted by
1 posts

Could you please post the contact information for Villa Rosa? I can't seem to find it, despite the fact that I've heard the name on various sites for being a nice place.

Posted by
712 posts

Villa Rosa is reviewed on Tripadvisor - contact info is - Villa Rosa
Via Terme Deciane, 5
00153 Rome
Tel. +39 06 5717091
Fax: +39 06 5745275
e-mail: villarosa2000@libero.it

Posted by
612 posts

That contact information sounds right. My husband and I did stay there and recommend it very highly.
Kay