Please sign in to post.

Condor airlines?

We will be in Italy for a vacation and are looking at flight options to return to the us. Has anyone used Condor airlines? If so, what are your experiences. Thanks!

Posted by
11631 posts

Yes, have used multiple times. Changing planes at FRA is nightmarish and economy seating is ridiculously cramped. If the person in front of you reclines at all, you are stuck and cannot even use your tray table. Prices are good but try to upgrade to Premium Economy if you possibly can.

Posted by
4734 posts

Condor is the Lufthansa budget brand yes?

Depending on where you are flying to in the USA, you should have about a dozen choices of airlines

Posted by
1531 posts

I think Condor was once part of Lufthansa but not sure if still is. I do know that you can access the Lufthansa lounge if flying Condor business class. And if you fly Condor from the US you'll change in Frankfurt and probably fly a Lufthansa flight to your final destination, like Italy. Within the last year Condor brought in the new Airbus Neos to fly from the US to Frankfurt. Business class is quite nice. My understanding is that economy is very basic. Premium is okay. The main thing to worry about is their very limited carry on policy.

Posted by
333 posts

My experience lines up with what Trotter says above. In September of this year, my husband and I flew Condor in Premium Economy, round trip from Seattle to Frankfurt. We didn’t connect to another flight in Frankfurt so I can’t speak to that.

All in all our experience was fine. The plane was fresh and new with no broken parts (previously I’d experienced a broken footrest on a Lufthansa flight - ugh). The Premium Economy seats had more legroom than main cabin seats but were not as roomy as PE on Lufthansa or Delta.

Check in was easy on both ends, the flights were on time and the gate agents and FAs were helpful and professional. Food was forgettable. Out of Seattle, they were very strict about checking everyone’s carry-on luggage for weight and gate checking if it was even a tiny bit over the limit. The Condor phone app is a bit glitchy and not very useful.

We’ve decided that we would fly Condor again, if the fare was lower than a comparable(ish) seat on Lufthansa or Delta, our preferred airline to Europe.

BTW, Condor had been a subsidiary of Lufthansa and was sold.

Posted by
4734 posts

I would also be concerned about flight frequency, and size of fleet. I flew Lufthansa recently and was confident that if my flight was cancelled or had an issue, they would be able to get me onto another one that day, or a day or two after.

When I look into airlines like French Bee and La Compagnie, that always gives me pause. And I've seen comments that confirm my hesitancy.