Please sign in to post.

Condor Air

We are looking to book a flight on Condor Air from Rome back to the USA. Are they a "good" airline? I am having problems getting any info on them.

Posted by
3227 posts

I haven’t flown them yet, but hear good things. IMHO, none of them (airlines) are that great! I flew Emirates a while back and had high expectations based on what I read and heard. With the exception of first class (which looked great) it was nothing special, although the flight attendants had lovely uniforms!

Posted by
54 posts

I flew Condor MSY-FRA in September last year. I had no problems with the flights I chose. They sell one-way flights in 3 categories; economy, premium, and business. From there, everything else is an extra charge. The website has good explanations of what is provided with the fare and what will be additional costs. As I am not very tall, I chose economy just to see if it would be worth the money I would save on choosing premium seating or any legacy carrier from the U.S.

The economy seats are 2-3 inches closer together than most flights I have taken.

Posted by
16287 posts

It is a low-cost airline so make sure you understand what is included and not included if you are flying in Economy. We will be using them to return from Europe this August as their business class fares were lower than what we normally in taxes and surcharges to fly business class with our British Airways miles.

Posted by
11180 posts

A friend used them for SEA-FRA and felt the upgrade to premium econ was worth it. Heard no negative comments. She now prefers Condor over Icelandair.

Posted by
243 posts

Unfortunately we had a terrible experience with them. Will never fly them again. We didn't even make it to where we were suppose to and they lost our luggage. It was a nightmare. We also came in about 30 hours later with all their delayed flights making us miss our connections then routed us the opposite direction. Ended up in Dusseldorf when we were suppose to be in Florence but ended up in Rome in the end. Just a total joke. The main problem- at no airports will you find Condor Employees. They sub it out to other carriers so they don't really care. They just say take it up with Condor, but when you call they tell you you have to take care of it at the airport. Anyway. As you see I haven't got over that and it was 4 months ago. :)

Posted by
740 posts

I will be flying them in June from Minneapolis to Frankfurt and back from Frankfurt to Portland. I splurged on business class. Their business class doesn't appear to be as swanky as other airlines, but its a lot cheaper.

Posted by
128 posts

I have been flying Condor Air annually from Alaska to Frankfurt (and then on to Rome) since they started coming into Fairbanks in 2003. I have flown economy, business class, first class (with a lie-flat bed), and their upgraded economy. They are my go-to airline for getting to and from Europe. My only regret with Condor is that they no longer fly from Fairbanks directly over the pole into Frankfurt. That was a seven hour trip to Europe! I also regret that, for my location, they are not year-round. That means that my shorter trips turn into 24 hour travel marathons if I want to go to Rome over our spring breaks in March - which I do anyway.

I have also taken Condor from Anchorage, Seattle, and from Baltimore (BWI) to Frankfurt. So, I guess one could say that I like the airline.