Please sign in to post.

Concert tickets and best seats at Andrea bocelli concert August 4, 2015. Italy

Has anyone purchased tickets they can't use for the August 4, 2015 Andrea Bocelli concert or suggest the best site for purchasing tickets? Also has anyone suggestions on the best seats at TDS in Lajatico? Thanks

Posted by
88 posts

Steve, I have been to the concert in Lajatico many times, including last year, both the concert and the rehearsal the night prior to the concert. We always got out tickets when they first were offered, and of course the best seats are in the executive seating, if you can get them and they are expensive, but can't be beat. Have you been there before? If not be prepared as there will be over 10,000 people most all of who have to walk down a narrow road to and from the concert. The atmosphere is electric, but it is quite a haul down and back by foot. We always stay right in Lajatico, and that helps because the traffic (after you get to your bus or vehicle) is extreme as the roads are quite narrow (small two lane). If I can help with any further info, just PM me, but be sure to return and let us know how your trip there goes. I was having health (back) problems when I was there last year, so I am a little sad to not be going this year.

Posted by
3 posts

Hi Naomi - Thank you for your response, I need your expertise! There are seats VIP with parking and food in section A7 at $600 each seems pricey but maybe worth it? Are the further back areas ok? Also where do you like to stay in town that we can get a spot maybe. We were thinking the aug 4th concert might be a little easier. Any lodging suggestions would be appreciated, we will have a car but as usual we are last minute. Thank you. Steve

Posted by
88 posts

Steve, The VIP section is where we usually sit, and they are really good, also that is around what we have paid in the past. Don't know if you have been to any of his concerts in the states before or not, but we like to sit as close as possible . We usually go to his concerts in February in Florida . Further back is okay, but many more distractions. As for a place to stay, I doubt that you will be able to get anything in Lajatico at this point, as most people go and stay for a week, there aren't that many apartments there, and most of the people are repeats from year to year. This is the lady that we rented from for the last two stays (https://www.flipkey.com/lajatico-condo-rentals/p440318/),her name is Jill. (you can tell her that Teddy gave you her name) you can try to contact her, but from what I see, all of the dates around the concerts are booked. But maybe she can help with some information. The other alternative is staying in Volterra, which is just a short ride to the concert but not sure what will be available there also. I would suggest going to booking.com and searching for rentals in Volterra. Or, worst case would be to stay somewhere like Florence, and then there would be the long drive to Lajatico, but I know that people do that also. If you get a chance, try to get to the Bocelli Family Winery, just ask direction, it is very close by in LaSterza. As i said the place is complete chiaos (sp), because people come from all over the world. And this year there are two concerts, and probably two rehearsals, which they sell tickets for. Hopes this helps, and let me know how things turn out, or you need any more help.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you Naomi - We got lodging in volterra and are looking at the executive seating, A, and the area behind executive, the B section. Not sure if the row is that important or to be right in front of the stage in A section no matter if the front row or not? I appreciate your guidance. Thank you Steve

Posted by
500 posts

Writing from Lajatico as I am working in the Turandot production. Visibility is good from all places and you basically pay more to seat closer. Your choice.