Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Underground Tour

Hello, I will be traveling to Rome next week and had planned to purchase a Roma pass to get into the Colosseum; however, I recently heard about the underground tour that just became available at the Colosseum and would love to be able to see that! Will the Roma Pass cover this underground tour, or will I need to purchase something separate for this? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!

Posted by
67 posts

No, the Roma Pass does not include the Underground Tour. Try going online at Omniticket.it or Ticketclic.it or Selectitaly.com. Hopefully they are not sold out. You must select a specific day and time as these are guided tours only. I took the Underground Tour last December and it is absolutely not to be missed.

Posted by
32795 posts

Note that the Roma Pass is higher price now than in many guidebooks. Roma Pass only gives "free" admission to the first 2 attractions visited with the card and expires on the third day of use no matter if the first use is transportation or attraction. The joint admission to Colosseum, Forum, Palatine Hill gets you into the main part of the Colosseum but not the underground tour which must be ticketed in advance.

Posted by
4152 posts

The romapass is just an entry pass and does not include any tours. Those must be purchased separate. If you wish to book the underground tour along with the romapass you must call the official site to do that. I don't have the number with me as I'm traveling right now. If you look for some older threads about the colosseum I'm sure you'll find the number. Just let them know you already have admission tickets and would like to add the underground tour. This will cost 9 euros each us a service charge. Donna