Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Underground Tour

My wife and I want to do the underground tour of the Colosseum, and we're wondering which tour to book and/or how to do it with the Roma Pass. Do we need to book this in advance? We'll be in Rome in 2 weeks.

Posted by
29 posts

Hi, We just visited the Colosseum last week and did the underground tour. In order to reserve your underground tour and use the Roma Pass as your admission ticket you need to call to reserve your tour.. The ticket office number for individuals is: 39 06 399 67 700. Tell them that your are using the Roma pass for entry. After you place your order (and pay be credit card),they will send you an email confirmation. I reserved our tour 2 or 3 weeks prior to our trip.. You can purchase your Roma Pass across the street at the tobacco shop inside the Coloseo Metro station.. I think there were 2 people ahead of me.. so very easy and convenient. When you enter into the Colosseum, look for the Roma Pass line or just ask someone who works at the Colosseum. Just the use of the Roma Pass will save you 1 - 2 hours waiting in line! Same thing at the Vatican... book in advance! By the way, the underground tour is excellent! Good luck, Jim

Posted by
52 posts

Thank so much! Is there any way to make the underground reservation without calling ahead and incurring the international calling fees? Also, how do I make reservations for the Vatican attractions ahead so we don't have to wait so long in line?

Posted by
29 posts

It's possible to book the underground tour when your arrive in Rome, but it is fairly popular I believe, so you run the risk of not getting the tour... Cost of the tour with fees was 10.50 Euro - around $13 US. Jim