Please sign in to post.

Colosseum tour

So, I have so many questions, but this one is in regards to a tour at the Colosseum. I planned on buying a tour ahead of time from Walks of Italy. A friend of mine just came back and said not to bother booking ahead of time, that there are many tours outside waiting to recruit people for their tours at a lower rate, like 20 euro. Would love to hear advice. Thanks.

Posted by
11367 posts

Walks of Italy offers a high-quality, small group experience. You will get your questions answered and learn a lot.

The ones you will find hanging around outside and costing so little will be large groups, kind of a cattle-call IMO.

Posted by
70 posts

Agreed. The "tour operators" outside the Colosseum seem sketchy at best. Tourists get so bombarded with offers outside the Colosseum and other prime sights - tours, selfie sticks, cheap trinkets, led lights, etc - that we made it a point to ignore all of them. If everyone did, maybe they would eventually go away as it is beyond annoying.

We just used our Roma Passes and used the RS audio tour. Worked for us, and we walked right in. I would think the Walks of Italy is a more legitimate tour if that is what you are looking for.

Scott

Posted by
49 posts

Our family took the Walks of Italy tours last April for both the Colosseum and the Vatican and we were not disappointed. Sped through entrance lines, had very nice knowledgeable tour guides...would definitely recommend them. I think there is a discount for multiple tours.

Posted by
49 posts

Our family took the Walks of Italy tours last April for both the Colosseum and the Vatican and we were not disappointed. Sped through entrance lines, had very nice knowledgeable tour guides...would definitely recommend them. I think there is a discount for multiple tours.