Please sign in to post.

Colosseum tour

I apologize if this has been covered before. This is my first time posting. We prepuchased 4 full tickets (adults) for the Colosseum online. We wanted to book the underground and third tier tour for late afternoon on June 29th or any time on July 1st, but unfortunately it doesn't look like there are availabilities on Coopculture.it. It's not the easiest site to navigate and I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way. Is it possible to book a tour once we get to the Colosseum to pick up our prepaid adult tickets and free children's tickets? Are these tours general tours that don't include the underground and third tier?

Posted by
305 posts

The June tours would have sold out on May 15th when they opened the availability for June. The July availability will open on June 19 at 9 am Rome time. They sell out quickly but worth the effort to be up and on your pc when it opens to get the tickets. I was on 3 pc's and a phone and it took about 2 hours to get through to get my tickets. Hopefully your travels will not have started at that point so you can get those July 1 tickets. The only other alternative to get them is a private tour. Good luck.

Posted by
9 posts

larlock - Thank you for responding. I will definitely try to go online on June 19th Rome time. Do they always open up the tours on the third Monday of the month?

Posted by
312 posts

You might check for night tour availability on Coopculture. The night tours don't go to the third tier, but they do visit the underground. I couldn't get underground/third tier tickets for my visit in late June, so I decided to do the night tour instead.

Posted by
15863 posts

You're welcome. Incooker. :O)
And really, do take a look at the evening tours if the daytime tickets are elusive.

Posted by
4152 posts

They haven't said if there will be tours from July through the end of the year. The website doesn't give any information on this so it's wait and see. If they do offer them it will be the third Monday of this month at 9am. Rome time. You'll only be able to book 6 tickets for the tour.

There is a regular tour that you can book by calling the official number. This tour won't include the underground areas but offers the same information about the structure as the underground tour. The cost is 5 euros per person.

+39 06 399 67 700

Donna

Posted by
9 posts

Although we were able to get tickets for the Underground and Third Tier tour, we had to split our party of 8 into two different times (20 minutes apart). We didn't see an option to Print At Home. Coopculture emailed the confirmation. Where do we report for the tour to show our confirmation? Is it at the same place that we need to pick up our prepaid adult tickets and free kids' tickets for the general entry?

Posted by
305 posts

You will print your confirmation and take with you. Allow for time to get through the security screening. Once you get to the Colosseum you will see a mass of people in lines at a midpoint in the lines there will be people directing you into which of the 3 lines to get into based on your underground confirmation. It was the furthest from the Colosseum and closest to where you walk up to when I was there. At this point you will be in the line to security screening. Once past the security screening, to the left will be lines to the people who will take your confirmation and trade them for the stickers you will wear for the tour. Also print your prepaid entrance tickets as they will need these also.

Have a great time.