Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Tickets

I was hoping to get tickets to visit the Colosseum underground and was holding off on buying tickets because last year they were selling Colosseum After Dark tickets (which would have been my first choice). Well now I am looking and all the Underground tickets appear to be sold out for my dates (May 4, 5, 6, and 7). Is there anyway to get standby/in person tickets to the underground? Thanks

Posted by
15810 posts

Unfortunately, not as far as I know. The only possibility would be if some ticket purchases didn't make it through the system so might become available but you'd have to dog the site for all dates, all times, and chances would be very, very slim.

I wouldn't fret too much about it, though. For umpty years visitors (including myself) were unable to access the underground and didn't miss it. You can see down into it from the areas accessible with a regular entry ticket. If intent upon a tour which includes this area, it's possible there's still availability via private company tours, albeit more expensive.

If pre-ordering regular entry tickets (you will have to choose a specific day and open time slot) don't drag heels getting that done? Tickets disappear very, very quickly and especially so for high season.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you, yes it is more expensive with a private tour (I found one on viator.com). I have been to the Colosseum on a handful of occasions prior to the underground being accessible, I think I will spend the extra money to try this unique experience. Thanks for the insight.