Please sign in to post.

Colosseum tickets

Couldn't find Colosseum tickets from Coopculture website anymore. is there any other official website to purchase Colosseum tickets? Does anyone have any problem using Rome explore pass purchased from Gocity?

Posted by
2 posts

Follow up question: With this new system, do you know when the tickets go on sale? This would be for an October trip. Thanks.

Posted by
34 posts

30 days before at (I believe) 8:30 am Rome time…2:30 am EST right now where I am located.

Posted by
4 posts

Follow up question- I’m not traveling to Rime until July. However, I looked at the new ticketing website for The Colosseum to get idea of how to purchase tickets. It allows to purchase 30 days in advance but EVERY day was already sold out. Is this going to be a big problem to purchase tickets in July???

Posted by
6241 posts

Yes
It’s becoming very difficult to get tickets

All you can do is try your best
Register for the website now so you are ready day of
Know which type of ticket you are aiming for
Be online before that 2:30 am ( or whatever time zone you are in) and be ready to click BUY

If you can’t get-they will all sell out-then you can try booking a tour with a company like Walks of Italy

Posted by
34 posts

Christine…you are absolutely correct…it is definitely a 6 hour time difference right now between EST and Rome, but I believe it switches to 5 hours during a certain of the year…no? Sometime between when EST changes to Daylight Savings Time and back and when Italy switches (Central European Summer Time vs Central European Time)…a matter of a few weeks in the spring (March) and the Fall (October).
I always have to check depending on when we are going.
I corrected my original response from 3:30am to 2:30am to avoid confusion. Thanks for catching that!

Posted by
2 posts

Just got back from Italy a couple days ago. I would strongly recommend getting the ticket that includes the Forum and Palantine hill if you plan on doing them anyway. You will avoid long lines to purchase tickets. READ YOUR TICKET, I didn't fully read mine and it was good for one entrance to the colloseum at the time selected and ONE entrance to Palantine hill and the Forum (since they are connected I guess, I did not know that before) not one entrance to all three. I went to the colloseum and then palantine hill exited to get lunch tried to go to the forum 45 min later and was told I already used my entrance into palantine hill and the forum, line was to long to buy tickets and didn't have time so we missed the forum. Don't make that mistake. I bought those tickets from Coopculture so I'm not sure if the new tickets will be that way as well.

Posted by
15863 posts

I bought those tickets from Coopculture so I'm not sure if the new
tickets will be that way as well.

Yes, the Forum and Palatine are treated as a single attraction because you move from one to the other inside the security barriers. It has been this way since the time the Forum was rolled into the Colosseum + Palatine ticket back in 2008 (it was previously free). That does not change with the new ticketing system; they're referred to collectively as "the archaeological area of the Roman Forum, Imperial Fora and Palatine." You are allowed one entry that covers all of them.