Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Tickets

Hello RS Forum members,
I am trying to buy my tickets for Colosseum for May 2. I would like to buy the Regular entry ticket + underground and the panoramic view. Everything shows not available and the site is a bit confusing. Some tickets say that tour guide is necessary. Is underground closed? Regular tickets + Arena are available. Can any of you shed some light on visiting colosseum? Regular tickets are available for May 2.
Thanks

Posted by
15810 posts

Just a guess but I'm almost certain that the Regular entry ticket + underground + panoramic view isn't showing any availability for May 2 because it's sold out. This very popular tour can sell out within hours of becoming available.

Regular tickets + Arena are available.

You need to arrange for your own guide for this area.
http://ecm.coopculture.it/index.php?option=com_snapp&view=event&id=00E5B5BF-025F-165E-4454-016523C8665C&catalogid=127DACB9-2F77-0EE3-6BCC-0168F5E655AF&lang=en

ALL tickets for the Colosseum go so fast for high season that, with the exception of the arena ticket which requires a guide, I'd grab whatever is still available for next month.

Posted by
231 posts

I agree. I got up at 2 am on the morning that tickets went on sale at 9 am Rome time 3 months in advance and spent 2.5 hours trying to get tickets, only to have the site crash the entire time because it was so overwhelmed. I tried again at about 7:30 am and was able to get tickets. At this point, paying for a guided tour is probably your only option.