Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Question

Hello!

Trying to book tickets for our trip the week of Thanksgiving 2023. I'm using the website recommended in the guidebook (coopculture.it) to book the full experience. When I go to select date, it does not allow you to select an actual date. I can however, choose the number of tickets and checkout. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Posted by
1660 posts

As Mary said, it's 30 days in advance. If you want the full experience tickets (including the underground), note that they sell out very fast. To get them, I went online a few minutes before 9 am Rome time and navigated to the page, so that I was ready.

Posted by
2 posts

Ok cool. Thanks! This would be a great addition to the guide book. Also, does anyone know if you have a later entry to the colosseum, can you start at the Forum, etc? Thanks!

Posted by
2418 posts

This would be a great addition to the guide book.

You just made me pull out my 2020 Rome book and you're right, under tickets for the Colosseum it says "buy online well in advance."

Posted by
15863 posts

They can't put the 30-day release (there's also a 7-day advance release) in the guidebook because Coopculture could change their ticket-release schedule before the book has even gone to press! Back a few years ago they changed their ticketing schedules as often as I change my socks! 😱

OK, a little bit of an exaggeration there but it sure seemed that way!

Like any attraction, don't rely on a guidebook for things like visiting hours, ticket prices, ticket-release schedules, etc. Those sorts of details can change on short notice. It's always best to go to the attraction's own website for the most current info. :O)