Please sign in to post.

Colosseum

Which tour is better? Colosseum Underground and Third Ring or Night Tour?

Posted by
31 posts

How fast the Colosseum Underground and Third Ring Tour gets sold out?

Posted by
4152 posts

Within an hour or so of being released.

Both tours are basically the same. The night tour doesn't include the third tier but goes to the underground and arena floor. The ticket for the night tour includes entry but doesn't include entry to the forum/palatine hill. If you wish to visit those you'll need to purchase a regular entry ticket.

Donna

Posted by
31 posts

Oh Wao !!!! an Hour !!!! , Hope I get the chance to buy them.
Any tips?

Posted by
15831 posts

You must purchase a general-entry ticket to the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine in addition to a purchase of an Underground/Third Ring tour if buying your tour on the coopculture website.

However, you do NOT have to buy the general-entry ticket on the website. If you have successfully purchased a tour, you can buy the additional ticket at the reservation desk when you arrive for it. You would only need to make that purchase in advance if you wanted to visit the Forum and Palatine BEFORE your Colosseum tour.

Be on the website or phone at 9:00 AM ROME TIME the day Underground/Third-ring tours go on sale. Don't try to beat the clock: reservations made even a minute before 9:00 are invalid. If you are wanting to purchase the additional general-entry ticket in advance, do not mess around with that during the tour-purchase process: make a separate transaction AFTER you've (hopefully) booked your tour so as not to waste time. As Donna stated, the tours sell out at lightning speed!

Posted by
189 posts

We did the underground tour and really enjoyed it. Had a great tour leader. I can't comment on the other tour but highly recommend the underground tour.
I attempted to buy tickets on line at the appointed time but couldn't get thru so I called. A very nice patient lady helped me buy the tickets. With the language issue, credit card number, spelling out my name and email address I figured my my chances for success we nil but all went thru.

Posted by
31 posts

I want my tickets for October 19, with the information on the webpage they should be on sale on September 18. However, I just went to the site to see how the sale was for September and they are only shown till mid September. Does that means that they are not releasing the entire month??

Posted by
31 posts

I was able to but 2 tickets, however, I only received the payment receipt from the bank but not the tickets confirmation.

Posted by
45 posts

This is my reply to a similar question today about not getting the email with the booking code etc.

"You should have received an email with a booking code, time of tour etc. As you seem to have received the email from Unicredit what you could do is forward this email to [email protected] saying that you did not receive the confirmation email with the booking code. You may need to say what date and time you booked and that it is for the Underground and Third Ring tour.
I had a similar problem with a museum and this worked."