Please sign in to post.

Coliseum Underground Tour

What are the various options for booking this in mid January?
Guide recommendations?

Posted by
4152 posts

Not sure what you mean by various options. They have not released any dates in January for the underground tour as of yet. You should just keep checking the website. The official website books the underground tour along with entry ticket to the colosseum, forum and palatine hill for 21 euros. The guides they use are very good and extremely knowledgeable. I would book directly with the official site as soon as the dates become available. http://www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm?office=Colosseo&id=2 click on the "buy single" option, agree to the termns, select your date and choose any of the "underground tour" choices that are available. These are the English tours. Donna

Posted by
2 posts

When I check on the website for the Underground Tours it appears I have to buy the combo ticket for the Colosseum,Forum,etc. What if I've already bought the ROMA ticket to use for these sites?

Posted by
4152 posts

Do you mean the romapass? If so you must call to book the underground tour. The call only takes a minute or two but it's the only way to book just the tour and not pay for entry tickets. You cannot do this online. The number is: 39 06 399 67 700 Let them know you'll be using the pass and just need to pay for the tour. When they ask for your address they mean your email address for confirmation. Donna

Posted by
4152 posts

Yes, you can only visit the underground section while on a tour so when you choose the undergroud option it will be for the tour. There is also a tour of the main areas of the colosseum (the ones open to the general public) but you can visit that before or after your colosseum tour and much of the information is the same on both tours. You won't need to do them both. The regular tour does not include the underground section, only the tour labled underground will include the underground and third tier. Donna

Posted by
24 posts

When you select the "underground" selection, does that include a guided tour? I'd like to do both the underground area and have a guided tour, and I noticed "guided tour" and another option underneath "underground"--not sure if they are both included with the underground option?

Posted by
344 posts

Any preference as to doing the underground tour first, then the overall tour with the RS audio guide...or should I do it vice versa? Thanks.

Posted by
4152 posts

It's really up to you and the timing involved. If you arrive early just do the audio tour. If you can't arrive early then just do the audio tour after the underground tour. Donna