Please sign in to post.

civita di bagnoreggio

we are going to civita in september. which of the 3 B&B's in the town would you recommend staying?

Posted by
752 posts

There are at least six B and Bs -- the first six -- at Civita di Bagnoregio on this website:

www.bedandbreakfast.it

Click on Cerca (search), type in location, if an Options page shows, scroll down to Citta', scroll down to Civita di Bagnoregio and click on it.

Clicking on the foto goes to the information page with more fotos, description, map, prices, and contact box. Many hosts know English.

Posted by
32214 posts

td,

One point to note is that Civita is very small, and there's not a lot to do in the evenings. If that might be a concern for you, some alternatives would be to stay in Bagnoregio or in Orvieto. Details on reliable hotels in the guidebook.

Posted by
24 posts

thanks. we went to Civita last year for an afternoon visit and were enthralled with its charm. this year we decided to go back and stay overnight and really take in the town. we made a reservation at corte della maesta antico residenza, but i think it is in bagnoregio. we have been trying to reach the owners to verify exactly where it is located but to no avail. so i thought i would go on to the forum for help.
i'm still struggling finding it. it is not listed on the site you mentioned Ken.

would my wife be disappointed if the above B&B were in bagnoregio instead of the smaller and magical Civita or would we be just as happy there.

Posted by
32214 posts

td,

Since you've been to Civita before and want to spend a night there, why not do that. I'm sure it would be a very unique holiday experience.

Is THIS the accommodations you mentioned? I believe that a number of new places have opened in Civita over the last few years, and this may be one of them. I don't know anything about it other than what's shown on the website, but it appears to be in Civita.

Posted by
24 posts

Great. I think that finally answers my question. My wife will be very happy