Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre Trails

Where is the best place to find updated information on trail conditions and which ones are open, and which are not??

Posted by
5687 posts

It sounds like the long-closed lower trails between Riomaggiore and Manarola and between Manarola and Corniglia will still be closed in 2020. There are alternate trails e.g. from Manarola to Corniglia via a steep climb up to the town of Volastra. I did this hike last year and it was steep, a ton of steps up, up, up, but with incredible views down, maybe the best views of any hike I've done in this region. I also hiked from Levanto to Monerosso - less crowded than some of the other trails, also with some nice views in parts.

Posted by
32222 posts

halfdozen,

The website provided in the earlier reply is one of the best sites to check. However it's important to note that the status of the trails can change on short notice due to current weather conditions. In all likelihood the Sentiero Azzurro segments between Monterosso - Vernazza - Corniglia will be open this year. They normally open for the season on 1 April, and a Park Pass is required to hike those trails, but that doesn't apply to the many other ones in the area.

When are you planning to be in that area? I'd suggest asking the staff at your hotel about the trails when you arrive, as they will have the most current information.