Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre to Provence

I am traveling from the Cinque Terre to Avignon in late September with a train connection in Genoa and Nice where I can get from Nice to the Avignon TGV station. From there I plan to rent a car to explore Provence and I'm staying three nights in St. Remy de Provence. Since I'm comfortable with it I am staying at the same B&B where I did traveling with family, but this trip is solo. I want to see Arles, Nimes and the Pont du Gard as well so yet unknown other towns.

From Provence I planned to travel to Paris for four nights before returning home. I've had several friends suggest that instead of taking the train to Avignon that I might consider renting a car at the Nice train station and take two of the days allotted to Paris and explore the area between Nice and Provence. We were in Provence for six days and this trip there is to see specific things we missed the first time, or that I gave in on my travel partners so they could have a better trip. The most easterly we went was Aix en Provence and that was only for a few hours.

Is there enough to see to justify taking time away from Paris to see on the French Riviera. I have been to Paris twice and seen most of the biggies and this time was to explore the lesser sights and the neighborhoods.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions you care to share.

Jim

Posted by
10344 posts

What sights between Nice and Provence are you thinking of seeing, that you haven't previously seen?