Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre to Nice

We're wrapping up the Italian portion of our vacation in Corniglia, then trying to get to Vaison-La-Romaine. Trying to determine the best and fastest way to Nice where we can rent a car for our week in Provence. Have heard that rental cars between two countries isn't a good idea. I'd appreciate any thoughts about this. Train to Milan, then fly to Nice, drive all the way? Thanks.BB

Posted by
7912 posts

I agree take the train. It will require a change in Genoa. It is scenic as the rail runs along the coast line all the way to Nice

Posted by
32222 posts

The train on this route is absolutely the best choice. Travel by air will take longer and will be more of a miserable experience.

The solution I'd choose in the same situation is a departure from Corniglia at 10:30, arriving Nice Ville at 15:57 (time 5H:27M, 2 changes in Levanto and Genova Piazza Principe). There are numerous other solutions. Since you didn't specify the date of the trip, I used an arbitrary date of Oct. 3 in checking the schedules.

Depending on when the trip will be taking place, you should be able to buy advance tickets at www.trainline.eu. Once you're registered on the site, the process is very user friendly.

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks all, we've taken Ken's advice and registered an account with the train.eu booking. Not sure how far out they allow inquiries as end of April is unavailable at this time. Will continue to check until we can book our seats. BB