Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre - other options to Via dell' Amore

I'm very discouraged. We traveled to Cinque Terre two years ago. The weather was lousy, but we made the best of it - nothing you can do about the weather. Unfortunately, the trail between Riomaggiore and Manarola was closed at that time. We are scheduled to return to Cinque Terre one more time and just found out that the trail is STILL closed. Is there another option that any of you might suggest that is not too rugged? This will be my last trip to the area, so I'm naturally disappointed!

Posted by
32198 posts

Gerri,

Unfortunately the Via dell' Amore is still closed, and will likely remain that way for quite some time. The reopening date seems to keep getting pushed back. There are other trails in the area, but you may find them too rugged. This map provides information on all the trails in the area.....

http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/Esentieri-outdoor.php

If you want to take at least one hike, you might be able to manage the trail from Corniglia to Vernazza.

Posted by
130 posts

What is the best option to hike from Riomaggiore to Manarola while Via dell'Amore is closed? Is it even possible or do you need to take a train/boat?

Posted by
27057 posts

The conventional wisdom has it that the Via dell'Amore is not the most interesting path in the Cinque Terre. Walks between some of the other towns are prettier, but they probably do require more climbing up and down.