Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre lodging

My family will be traveling to Cinque Terre at the end of September and plan to stay two nights. We are a family of 4 - two adult daughters. I am looking for recommendations for places to stay. We plan to catch the train after landing at the Rome airport. I know that the terrain in CT is challenging but I am looking for a place that will be relatively easy to access from the train as we will be pulling suitcases and tired. Also, my husband is has some mobility issues. We will need either two double rooms or a quad apartment.

Posted by
15831 posts

See if there's anything open at La Spiaggia in Monterosso: it's a very easy, level walk from the train station, they have an elevator, and it's practically on the beach. Rooms are small but that's not unusual for Italy, and payment is cash only.

http://www.laspiaggiahotel.com

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/la-spiaggia.en-us.html?aid=356980;label=gog235jc-hotel-XX-it-laNspiaggia-unspec-us_mn-com-L%3Ait--V%3A0CF8QFjADO%3Aunk-B%3Aunk-N%3AXX-S%3Abo;sid=05364c095ff7cc8de769efa5947b232d;dcid=4;dist=0;type=total

I'm afraid you've waited rather long to book something in this very busy area but as it's later in the season, you might get lucky; fingers crossed!

Posted by
32219 posts

gray,

The end of September is not far off, and that time of year can still be busy in the C.T. You may find it a bit challenging to find accommodations for a group of four, so it would be a good idea to get something reserved soon.

Given the mobility issues and the other points you mentioned, I'd suggest staying in Monterosso. Not only is the largest town with the greatest number of hotels, restaurants and other amenities, but it also has the nicest beaches. You may find it helpful to have a look at this list....

http://www.rebuildmonterosso.com/p/visitors-information.html

Of the places on the list, some that I'd consider....

• La Spiaggia - as Kathy mentioned in the previous reply, it would be a good choice. It's very close to the station in the "new town", overlooks the water and has an elevator.
  • Hotel Pasquale - in the "old town" but a very easy walk from the station. It's very popular so may be difficult to get a booking. They have doubles and triples (but no quads), and also an elevator.
  • Villa Adriana - at the far end of the "new town" but still an easy walk from the station. There's a slight uphill section from the gate to the main entrance but it's not too steep. I believe they have a family room that will accommodate four and they also have an elevator. As I recall, they serve a nice breakfast.

Happy travels!

Posted by
83 posts

I think Hotel Villa Steno is worth 7 stars. In Monterrosso, great views, beautiful rooms with terrace, the staff is absolutely over the top friendly. Stayed in June, would go back for sure!!!!

Posted by
32219 posts

I definitely agree with the previous comments from Steve about Hotel Villa Steno, as that's where I always like to stay. It's one of my favourite hotels in Europe! I didn't mention it because of two points on your post.....

relatively easy to access from the train as we will be pulling suitcases and tired

my husband is has some mobility issues

Villa Steno is a bit of a hike from the station, and getting back and forth each time you go down into the town involves a fair number of stairs through the gardens.

Posted by
2194 posts

Hotel Pasquale was excellent. It was an easy walk from the train station and puts very close to restaurants and the water taxi between towns. Our RS tour was split between Pasquale and Villa Steno.

patty

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you for your responses. they were very helpful. We have found a place. Now I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for food tours in or near Rome. We would particularly like to go to an olive oil tasting.

Posted by
2455 posts

You should post a new question about food and olive oil tasting in Rome. No doubt there are people here who can make recommendations, but they will not likely find your request for information under the topic "Cinque Terre Lodging".

Posted by
16894 posts

It's been a while since your started this question, so I hope you've found success.

Posted by
20 posts

Hotel Villa Steno was great. Wonderful staff. The Hotel Villa Steno would be more difficult to access than Pasquale. There are numerous stairs from Hotel Villa Steno down to the street, though if you walk from the parking area of the hotel you can access the street without stairs, the incline may be difficult coming back to the hotel. Try for Pasquale first the Steno.

Enjoy your stay, it is beautiful!
D