Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre lodging?

I'm planning my sisters honeymoon. They're doing 23 days in Italy and will be spending the biggest chunk of time in cinque terre (5 nights). They'll be staying in Riomaggiore and I'm looking for a suggestion on where to stay. I have the 2012 edition of Ricks Italy book, just wondering if someone had a good experience they could pass along. Thanks! Alison

Posted by
257 posts

Alison, I stayed in Riomaggiore for five nights last year. A one bed room apartment with Mar-Mar Rooms. I pay 80E per night. The apartment name is BOBA have partial view and close to town and train station. Nothing fancy about it.
There is a more fancy hotel in Manarola up the hill with view but I forget the name. If you are interested. I will find out the name for you.

Posted by
32219 posts

Alison, Are they firmly committed to staying in Riomaggiore, or would they consider one of the other towns? Also, what type of budget are they working with, and when will this trip be taking place? Mar-Mar Rooms is a good choice, however the rooms are a bit more "basic" and usually no breakfast is provided. The previous poster was probably thinking of This B&B in Manarola. It's a wonderful location for a Luna di Miele, but somewhat on the high end of the price scale. If you could provide some additional information, it would be easier to offer more specific suggestions. Good luck with your planning!

Posted by
257 posts

Ken is right. La Torretta is the one.
Also, hotel Villa Agentina is up the hill in Riomaggiore. Have view and full services.

Posted by
20 posts

I would highly recommend I Limoni di Thule in Riomaggiore. My wife and I are currently staying there and it is equipped with modern touches which make travel more pleasant. The shower, heating / cooling system, closest space, WiFi access, and bed are all great. Although we don't cook when we travel, there is also a wonderful kitchen fully equipped for cooking. Finally, the room is complimented with a spectacular sea view and private terrace. Here is the contact information: I Limoni di Thule Via Tracastello 44 +39 0187 760559 www.limonicamere.it
[email protected]

Posted by
10 posts

You guys are awesome. Thank you for the advice. They're not set on any one town in the Cinque Terre so if there's somewhere better than Riomaggiore to stay they would be open to that as well. I was thinking Riomaggiore since there is a dive center there and they were hoping to get a dive in while they're in Italy. I think there's diving in Elba as well though. Thanks again for the help!!

Posted by
32219 posts

Alison, If they can afford it, I'd suggest either La Torretta in Manarola or perhaps one of the Hotels in Monterosso. A few that you might consider are Hotel Villa Steno, Hotel Pasquale or Hotel Porto Roca. With ANY of the Hotels, it's a really good idea to BOOK EARLY! Regarding the Dive centre, it's not necessary to stay in Riomaggiore. It's VERY EASY to get between the five towns by train (it only takes a few minutes). BTW, when is this trip taking place? Cheers!

Posted by
17 posts

We were in Monterossa last week. I'd stay there again of the five towns. Taking the boat to the other towns for a day is only $15 and you can get off and on. Trail between Riomaggiore and the next is a nice easy hike alone the "amore trail" and there's a great spot to stop for light lunch or a coffee overlooking the ocean at a point. Loved it.
We stayed at the La Punta and it was very clean and reasonable. They also own the Belvedere Restaurant in Monterossa if they like fish dishes. Pasqual looked good to check out too. Recommend a nice dinner at Mickys.