Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre Lemon Festival 2013

Does anyone know the date and location of the Lemon Festival in Cinque Terre in May 2013?

Posted by
11344 posts

You'd think it would be posted by now. All I came up with is this: "The Lemon Festival is an annual event held on the Saturday preceding Ascension Sunday, at the end of May." I checked a couple of Italian sites for sagre and found nothing. I think it is in Monterosso al Mare. You might write to a hotel there and ask if they know....

Posted by
32216 posts

Hedy, I wasn't able to find much information on the Lemon Festival either. However, by a process of "deductive reasoning", I'd probably aim for 11 May 2013. Based on a brief search, it appears that Ascension Day is often celebrated on Thursday, which will be 9 May this year. Ascension Sunday is therefore 12 May. I can probably find out if you really need a definite answer. Cheers!

Posted by
118 posts

The Lemon festival will take place in Monterosso al Mare in May of 2013,
the date has not yet been established, probably the third Saturday in May, May 18.

Posted by
10 posts

I've found the answer from the Tourist Information website in Monterosso. The Lemon Festival will be on Sat May 18, 2013( and not on the Saturday before Ascension Sunday this year). Thanks to all you fellow travellers for the direction on this!
Hedy