Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre in the rain

My husband and I are leaving for Italy in one week for a three week trip. We have 3 nights planned for Cinque Terre. We will coming to CT from Florence. IF they are calling for three days of rain whilst we are scheduled for CT would you still go? We are open to going to Ravenna or Bologna for those days. Just looking for opinions. We are open.
Thanks

Posted by
32214 posts

Christine, In the same situation, I'd probably continue with the visit to the Cinque Terre. You should be able to check a long range forecast on one of the weather websites to get a "rough idea" of what the weather will be like at the time you're there. For example, the current six day forecast for Monterosso shows four days with mostly sun and two days with 80-90% POP. If it does happen to rain while you're there, I doubt that it will rain continuously for three days. You'll still likely get some sunshine and seeing the area in the sunshine right after a rain will probably provide some great photo op's. I'd hope for the best but also make plans for rainy days. Some possibilities would be day trips to Pisa, Lucca or other locations (or perhaps even Florence although that's a bit of a longer trip). Good luck and happy travels!

Posted by
7737 posts

I would not go to the CT in October if it's raining. I would feel trapped. No place is as good in the rain, but a larger city will give you more options. Which city depends on your interests.

Posted by
11 posts

Talked it over with my husband and we are going to check the internet for weather and if it looks like a wash out for the weekend we were going to be in CT we are going to head to Bologna. We will be in Florence so that would be an easy train ride. I know Bologna is not in RS books but it appears to be a great city to visit.

Posted by
11 posts

Nocino? It's on my list. Now I am wondering if I should pray for rain?

Posted by
256 posts

Piggy-backing a bit on Christine's post we will also be in the area in mid-October. If we're in the CT and it is raining, what are recommended day trips from the area by train? Not super crazy about Renaissance art; more interested in just seeing the landscapes and people. Thanks! todd
los angeles