Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre in October

Hello, My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe in October 2013. We want to fly into rome and spend a few nights then head to florence and stay in florence or siena a few nights then we would like to go to the CT. I hear it might be a difficult daytrip and staying overnight would be best. Anyone go in October? How is the weather typically? We are not looking to swim and dont mind cooler weather but do want to walk around. From CT we want to go to paris from a few days. It seems that flying out of Pisa makes sense. thanks all!

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Tiffany. Your plan sounds great; yes good to stay a night or two in CT. Average high in CT in October is 68 degrees; great for hiking. Good plan to fly from Pisa to Paris; try EasyJet. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
515 posts

Hi Tiffany, Rick Steves reccomends two full days in the CT. The weather should be in upper 60's to low 70's in October. You have to pay to walk the trails (to keep the paths clean and the picnic tables in good shape). It should take you about 5 hours to walk from one end to the other including stops and about 8 miles. I am going in June.

Posted by
32214 posts

Tiffany, The weather in October is typically quite nice, with highs of about 20C and lows of about 12C. Of course no guarantees on rain (as the locals found out in Oct. 2011 with the devastating floods). I was in that area in late September this year, and the weather was hot and dry. For travel from the C.T. to Paris, a budget flight from Pisa would be the best option (IMHO). Have a look at the EasyJet website for details and prices. Be sure to read their Terms & Conditions carefully, especially concerning baggage weight limits. Note that usually only ONE carry-on item is allowed. Happy travels!

Posted by
12 posts

Staying overnight in the CT would work best. I was just there this past October and the weather was great! It was mid 70's each day! It was perfect weather for hiking. Have fun!