Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre in March?

Hi All,
We are going to be in Europe for 12 full days in march and planning to go to Cinque Terre for 2 days, probably on 24th and 25th March of 2008.
Is this a good time to go or will it be tooo cold and rainy?

Posted by
3580 posts

The CT is a great choice for late March. I think it could rain, but I wouldn't expect cold weather or crowds (unless it is Easter).

Posted by
188 posts

So would you recommend going to CT in March for 2 days or spending those 2 days in Amsterdam instead?

Posted by
9 posts

I was in Vernazza on the 24th and 25th of March in 2005. The weather was in the high 50's and low 60's. The sun even came out for a few hours. I highly recommend going to the CT the end of March.

Posted by
479 posts

Of course, I was only there for one day. But the weather was beautiful in March. It was a little cool, but it was also the only time on that trip that I took off my coat during the day. I would highly recommend it.

Posted by
3580 posts

March 24 is the day after Easter and is also a holiday. It may not be bad; trains will run on a Sunday or "festiva" schedule probably.

Posted by
19 posts

Hello Simran,
We are planning to be in CT at the same time. Perhaps we will see you there. Vernazza.
Sam and Donna
Bellingham, WA

Posted by
2 posts

I was there in late March last year, and I see by my pictures that we were wearing light jackets with scarves, but we don't look cold. And I do remember taking off the coats for the climb back up the gazillion stairs. We drove in through the mountains and it was very foggy near the end of the day.

This year we went a month later and there was a huge difference in weather. We stayed in Lerici and took the ferry over. Very different perspective. Lovely and very worth it both times.