Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre in late November?

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy for the first time in November for a friends wedding. We will be staying in Florence but I would love to schedule a day trip to Cinque Terre because my husband has dreamed of going there. But I wonder if it is not worth it on this trip because of the weather and the time of the year. Then again we don't know if we will ever be back in Italy, so maybe this is the time to see Cinque Terre. Any suggestions?

Posted by
11507 posts

I would think weather is against you..

Posted by
1589 posts

" Then again we don't know if we will ever be back in Italy, so maybe this is the time to see Cinque Terre "

Go. The weather might not be the best, but the CT is far from crowded at this time of year. You will gather memories no matter what the weather presents.

Posted by
3122 posts

How bad does the weather have to be to make it not worth going? I'd guess unless there's really a severe all-day storm it would still be worth fulfilling a lifetime dream.

Posted by
4434 posts

It is an outdoors place--views, walks, cafes. I just can't see going in a torrential downpour.

Posted by
15202 posts

I wouldn't bother with the 5 terre in Nov. But if you must go, and the weather is nice, there is a FrecciaBianca train departing from FIRENZE CAMPO DI MARTE station at 7:38 am. which can get you to La Spezia Centrale at 9:11am.
Then from La Spezia you'd take the first Regionale to the Cinque Terre village of your choice.

Another departure could be from FIRENZE SMN with a Regionale to Pisa at 8:28.
then a FrecciaBianca from Pisa to La Spezia at 9:49 (arriving SP at 10:39).

Anything later than that, and you won't have time for much. In Nov. it's totally dark by 5:00pm.

On the way back, stop in Pisa, if you like, so you see the leaning tower.

For more options check
www.trenitalia.com
enter
To: La SPEZIA CENTRALE (or also any of the 5 CT villages you want to visit)

Posted by
1054 posts

Also some stores and restaurants maybe closed for the winter season there.

Posted by
1234 posts

As mentioned, play it by ear. For me, unless the weather is horrific, I would go, especially if I may not be back. But, I am easy going and can find something to do anywhere!

Posted by
32213 posts

kristina,

In late November, the Cinque Terre is going to be very quiet and at least some of the tourist related businesses (hotels, restaurants, shops) will be closed. If the weather is bad, it probably won't be a pleasant experience as there's not much to see there except for the towns and the scenery.