Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre Hotels

My boyfriend and I are traveling from Venice to C.T. for 3 nights/4 days. No itinerary planned, just want to take it easy for a few days, site-see, go-with-the-flow, etc. Can anyone recommend a hotel and which area we should stay? We're on a mid-range budget. We might splurge on something if it's really awesome. Thanks, Erin

Posted by
11344 posts

Hello Erin. St. Paul is my hometown! There are so may places to stay! Have you read Rick Steves' guide so you know the differences between the 5 towns? That will help you a lot. He also recommends many places to stay, but there are many more than Rick lists, so also look at Trip Advisor. For example, there are 32 B&Bs listed on Trip Advisor for Vernazza, 18 in Riomaggiore plus 9 hotels there. Seems like a lot of options (and there are also places not listed in TA), but they do book up. I would highly recommend doing your search now and making a reservation. If you arrive without one, you may spend half a day going from town to town to find a place to stay. Much more fun to have a res so you can "go with the flow" as soon as you arrive!

Posted by
306 posts

Manuel's Guesthouse in Monterosso is pretty awesome. He has an amazing terrace overlooking the village and the sea. Throw in the self serve honor bar with beer and wine and it is a great time. He is about 60 euro per night.

Posted by
1003 posts

Have been to the C.T. 3 x over the past several years and on our last trip in July 2009 we stayed at Francamaria's rooms in Vernazza, which is our favorite village to stay in. We had room 1 which has a wonderful view of the square and hardly any steps (rm. 2 located right next to rm. 1 would be the same). Would stay here again. You can check it out at www.francamaria.com. Buon Viaggio!!

Posted by
1626 posts

Manuel's Guest house rates have gone up substancially in 2011. We were quoted 120 Euros for room with view and private bath in September. He said they had not updated the web site yet.

Posted by
306 posts

That's a bummer his rates have gone up so much. I liked the place a lot but it is not worth a 120 euros per night. Part of the charm was that it was such a great budget option.

Posted by
20 posts

erin. check out marie capellini rooms in vernazza, we loved it. they have 2 rooms, we stayed in (The Charming Room) .Use tripadvisor.com the comments will tell the story, It was our favorite place in all of Italy