Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

Found a place we would like to stay in CT to end our European vacation. It has. 3 night minimum last week of September. How don't make the most of our time in CT and still relax before returning to US. What are your favorite dishes to not miss?

Posted by
61 posts

We had the Amphora at The Belvedere In Monteresso al Mare. Incredible table side presentation. Bring your seafood appetite, feeds three regular people..we made a good dent but didn't finish!

Do a sunset boat cruise. It will be crowded during day. Trails are not that crowded in morning.

Have fun!

Posted by
32201 posts

mc,

A bit more information would be helpful. Which of the five towns is your accommodation located in?

The last week of September should be good, as there likely won't be as many of the usual crowds. I'm not sure what to suggest to "make the most of our time in CT and still relax"? You didn't provide any information on what you normally like to do.

"Favorite dishes" are somewhat a matter of personal preference. I normally have Trofie al Pesto as my first meal whenever I return to the CT. The Amphora Belvedere at Ristorante Belvedere in Monterosso (mentioned in the previous reply) is good if you like seafood, but it's a large serving that would feed at least four people - http://www.ristorante-belvedere.it/en/index.html . There are lots of good restaurants there, so you won't have any trouble finding good food in different price ranges. I'm sure the group here can offer suggestions once we know which town you're staying in.

Posted by
459 posts

We enjoyed the La Cantina Di Miky along the boardwalk and shore in Monterosso. Weather was awesome so we sat outside and had a great anchovy plate with several small fish, very unique for us and was very good washed down with a cold beer. Laid back atmosphere and friendly staff. You will be seated with others as the boardwalk is narrow but that added to the conversation and meal ideas. We also enjoyed the some of the pesto pasta along the CT and up in Moneglia.

Posted by
297 posts

In Monterosso, we enjoy Ciak restaurant and the Belvedere. Good place for pizza in Vernazza. Don't remember the name, but it is on the left side of the main street heading up the hill with outside seating.

https://www.ristoranteciak.net/