Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

My family will have 2-3 days in CT, but I'm wondering where to stay with 13 and 18-year olds. Is there enough for them to do there in early June if they're not really into hiking much? What about the trip to the marble quarry? Is it worth doing with teenagers? Thanks for any input on this or other advice relating to traveling with teenagers in Europe for the first time! Dawn

Posted by
32 posts

In Trip Advisor there are several things listed in Things to do for Cinque Terre. As far as Teenagers go it depends on the teenager. But I heard there is kayaking, I know there are small beaches, and of course hiking.
A quote of one of the things is as follows:
"Angelo's Boat Tour is any family's favorite day in Europe! The water is pristine for snorkeling and Angelo knows every square inch as it is in his DNA. His family has been fishing in Cinque Terre for centuries (their name is all over the cemetery). His wife Paula takes great care in providing a gourmet picnic lunch, and even prepares hamburgers on a grill hanging off of the back of the boat for teenagers or others who miss their burgers. Most will prefer the Italian specialties like fresh pesto pasta, Caprese salad with tomatos from their garden. " Hope this helps.

Posted by
891 posts

skip the marble quarry, the trip up there and back takes more time than anything else. Haven't taken Angelo's boat tour, but it sounds like a lot more fun.

Posted by
1127 posts

If you stay in Monterosso the kids can enjoy the beach.

Posted by
63 posts

Hello, I'm writing from Manarola, one of the Cinque Terre.
In my opinion june is probably the best month to come. You can enjoy the sea most of the time and have just short hiking late in the day.
I can surely recommend Angelo's boat. A boat trip along the coast of the 5 terre is a beautiful experience, out of the crowd of the beaches.
Manarola is the quitest of the 5 towns, Monterosso instead is the one with some more "life"