Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre and Florence

Where to stay for Cinque Terrre? We are a party of 3 adults. Shall we stay in one of the five villages or La Spezia? Also what is the best way to find accommodation in Florence for 3 adults?

Posted by
153 posts

Stay in the villages. It may be a bit difficult to get one room for the 3 of you, but it's worth searching about to be close. Maybe you can try the Buranco Agriturismo - http://www.burancocinqueterre.it/index.php While I haven't stayed here, we visited and sampled their wines. The wine and hospitality are top notch, and in doing research about visiting them again another time, I noted that they do have apartment style rooms that sleep more than 2. Florence is big, while I know nothing specific, a TA search for something accomodating 3 would be fruitful I am sure.

Posted by
7737 posts

The best way is to buy the RS Italy 2011 book. No joke. Happy travels.

Posted by
1 posts

You can try Lerici. We stay at the Doria Park Hotel. You can walk down single lane road approximately 100 meters to the ferry station...very convenient! Ferry takes you to Portovenere and the Cinque Terre.

Posted by
16368 posts

La Marina Rooms in Vernazza has an apartment built into the seawall, right over the sea, that would accomodate 3 very comfortably, in 2 bedrooms and a pull-out sofa in the living room. You can find triple rooms in Florence by using the "search" function on TripAdvisor. Just put in your dates and 3 adults, and it will show you options. If you'l like a B&B, Casa de la Tintoria has a nice big room (the Green Roome) with one large bed and two single beds a few steps up on a different level. This is very close to the river a bit east of Ponte Vecchio, a very nice location.

Posted by
14 posts

Raj, We are staying in Portovenere in June and got a villa for 2-3 for $2600 for 7 nights which is right on the water and very accesible to the transit system. I'd go to rentvillas.com. I've had fantastic service from them. Ask for Nicole, an advisor. She will talk to you personally, take down your travel plans, and start sending you properties to look at. She's lived in Italy, and is from the US and is very nice and helpful. We stayed in Cortona, in Tuscany (where Under the Tuscan sun was filmed) for 7 nights in a 14th century farmhouse, beautiful vistas, and loved it, for less than $1000 in late Sept, early Oct last year. Rentvillas was our contact. They have properties all over Europe.
Joy