Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

I am thinking of going to Cinque Terre from November 5 to 8. Does anyone recommend going there at that time?

Posted by
1697 posts

There are more reasons not to go than to go. These villages and the Cinque Terre sea and landscapes are famous for what they offer in good weather. The weather in November varies from very pleasant to dangerously bad. If you a dedicated hiker accustomed to steep hills and willing to adjust your schedule for the weather, you may find it very enjoyable, otherwise I suggest you save it for another year.

Posted by
5210 posts

Keep in mind that many establishments (hotels & restaurants) will be closed from early November to late March.

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks for the replies. I'll skip Cinque Terre this time but have a reason to go back to Italy.

Posted by
79 posts

I'm there now, staying in Volastra, 1100 feet in elevation above Manarola. Maybe it will calm a lot by November but right now the trails are packed with hikers, even today Monday. Since the Manarola to Corniglia trail has been closed (after the 2012 landslides) they all divert through this little village to connect those main towns. Right now it's pristine and perfect for hiking. 40s at night and 60s to near 70 by day. If I had to choose I would take quiet over the summer's intense packed crowds.

Covid info....Not getting asked for the CDC card generally at restaurants around here. The train from Pisa required it. I haven't done the train between villages here yet this time. Nobody checked from La Spezia to Manarola. The local buses are taking online tickets only via an app on your phone: DropTicket.

Posted by
9 posts

I wonder if there's a window when the weather is still decent but the crowds aren't too bad. Interesting news about covid enforcement.