Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

I am planning a trip to Italy the last week of March, first week of April, flying into Florence and out of Venice. I would like to visit Cinque Terre, Sienna, Florence and Venice. Which city would be the least impacted during Easter, or the most interesting during that weekend. Also, will the weather in Cinque Terre be pleasant enough for hiking?

Posted by
1446 posts

Can't say which city would be best during Easter but my opinion on the weather in the CT is to expect rain. March/April will still be rather cool & rainy. We were in the CT in mid-September & it poured 1.5 days while we were there & it really put a damper on our plans. You probably already know this, but the trails close when it's raining & the boats between towns don't operate either. There are very few "indoor" activities in the CT. But, you can still walk around, window-shop, etc.

Posted by
10344 posts

"Wll the weather in Cinque Terre be pleasant enough for hiking in late March - early April?"

No one here can tell you what the weather will be in the CT 3 months from now, but here's the next best thing: a summary, plus detailed data, of the actual weather in the CT, since 1997, for the period March 25 - April 7

click here