Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

Going to CT for our second time. We stayed in Vernazza last time but are well aware of the flooding that happened a few months back. Any suggestions where to stay for two nights but keeping in mind we don't want to hike up 300 stairs to get back to our hotel or B&B.

Posted by
32253 posts

Tracey, I'd suggest checking the Italy Guidebook to find a Hotel in one of the other villages that fits your criteria. If you're looking for a somewhat "conventional" Hotel, Monterosso would probably be the best choice. The "new town" section was affected very little by the flooding, but many of the Hotels in the "old town" section should be operating again by the time tourist season starts. Monterosso is somewhat "flat" so only some of the properties have stairs. Happy travels!

Posted by
1446 posts

Tracey, what month/year are you planning to visit? I would suggest staying in Monterosso as most places in Vernazza require a small hike up to the room. We are staying in Hotel Pasquale in Monterosso in August. In 2009 we stayed at Hotel Margherita in Monterosso & enjoyed it; I considered staying there again but I decided to splurge on Pasquale for our next trip.

Posted by
6 posts

My fiance and I stayed in Monterosso last summer at Hotel La Spiaggia. They served breakfast each morning and it was close to everything. The owner is a CT native that makes his own wine and knows someone in every restaurant. They will even call and set up your reservations. I just posted here as well; we just heard about the flooding ourselves and are thinking of changing our honeymoon plans to include a long CT stay!