Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

Hi there
Planning a trip to Cinque Terre in Mid October for 5 nights and looking for suggestions on where to stay. Would like a room with sea view, reasonable price.

Posted by
8293 posts

I don't have any suggestions but it would people to know what "reasonable price" you have in mind.

Posted by
15782 posts

Lillian, best thing you can do is to get onto booking.com (my preferred site) or other online accommodation booking resource and see what you can find in a price range that suits. I might caution you in advance that rooms with sea views are nearly always priced higher than not, and the lesser priced of those may involve steep climbs to the property and/or lots of stairs to the room itself so read details carefully.

Also be cautious to check exactly where the accommodation is located: some which may come up on a general Cinque Terre search may be in Levanto, La Spezia, or far enough out of town centers to be an issue regarding easy access.

Some posters report having been happy with accommodations in Levanto when they couldn't find anything for price/amenities/etc. in the CT to suit. It's only a few minutes by train from there to the northernmost of the Ct villages (Monterosso).

Posted by
32198 posts

lillian,

It shouldn't be too crowded in the Cinque Terre in mid-October, so I'd suggest staying in one of the five towns. Monterosso would be a good choice as it's the largest of the towns and therefore has the greatest number of accommodations, as well as good restaurants and other tourist amenities and the best beaches of the five towns. If it fits your criteria for a "reasonable price", I'd highly recommend Hotel Villa Steno! Be sure to ask for a room on the front with a view (you can see the view on their website). The hotel is very comfortable, they serve a nice breakfast and the owners are wonderful!

Posted by
31 posts

We stayed in Vernazza last September. We stayed in the FrancaMaria rooms. We had a beautiful view of the sea and the town center. Others said it was noisy we didn't experience that at all. We paid 150 per night cash only. I found out the hard way on this one. I should have got cash in Rome as there are two cash machines in Vernazza and one didn't work. Any way when we go back this year we are staying there again. Enjoy!