Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

Has anyone stayed at a place called Marquarita in I Monterosso? Anyone got any other great options for 3 females on where to stay? Do we want to stay in "new town" or "old town" Thanks

Posted by
32222 posts

Lucky,

I can't offer any comments on Marquarita, but you might check TripAdvisor to see what kind of ratings it has. I would probably prefer the "old town" in Monterosso, but I suppose the deciding factor will be the availability of lodgings in that area. Whereever part of town you stay should be fine.

You might check the Italy 2009 Guidebook, as there are quite a few listings in there for accommodations in Monterosso.

Happy travels!

Posted by
2091 posts

Buon giorno, Lucky!
You didn't mention a price range but we have thoroughly enjoyed Locanda Il Maestrale in the "old town" of Monterosso... locandamaestrale.net In October, '07 we were 3 "girls" sharing a triple so dividing up the cost made it reasonable. I slept on the fold-out sofa which was not the most comfortable but the king-size (!) bed, I was told, was wonderful.

The breakfast was very nice outdoors on the terrace.

Posted by
320 posts

Lucky:

We have stayed at the Hotel Margherita in Monterosso - I believe that is the hotel you are referring to.

We stayed there in October 2007. It is a newly refurbished place located in "old town" Monterosso on Via Roma.

The place is very clean - the staff was helpful and the breakfast was well done. We had a terrace on our room - perfect for a glass of wine or two in the late afternoon. I would certainly stay there again.

I will add that we had previously stayed at the Hotel Villa Steno and enjoyed that very much. We only stayed at Hotel Margherita because we could not get a reservation at the other hotel.

Hotel Margherita is more than I usually spend for a hotel in Europe but I believe that the money was well spent.

Lastly, just steps away from the hotel is Ciak Restaurant - by all means go there and have the fish stew - the specialty of the house - what a memorable meal! Have fun.