Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

A mis-communication has left us without reservations in Vernazza for 9-11 August. Any recommendations on other towns in the CT? Is it a bad idea to "wing it" and find a place when we arrive?

Posted by
6898 posts

Just showing up can be done. But, its August, the highest part of the high season. Many places in the CT do not have web pages. When you show up at the train stations, you see older Italian women trying to get you to see places they have for rent. Some posters on the site say that they have scored very nice and reasonable places to stay. Also, I have seen a rental office where you show up early and places with available rooms call in. I believe it was in Monterosso. Whatever you do, go early. By late morning, anything available is gone.

Posted by
32212 posts

Drew,

I'd suggest having a look in the Italy Guidebook and contacting some of the lodgings listed there in each of the five villages.

You could try Mar-Mar Rooms in Riomaggiore, La Torretta or Hotel Ca d'Andrean in Manarola. That time of August will probably be "difficult" though as it's peak travel season.

You may have better luck trying to find something in Corniglia. It's a bit "off the beaten track" compared to some of the other villages, so may have some vacancies.

Good luck!