Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

I am trying to decide if it is a good idea to travel to Cinque Terre after a November 9....it is advisable or even enjoyable at that time of year

Posted by
32206 posts

nancy, It will probably be somewhat "quiet" at that time of year and the weather may not be the most favourable, but on the positive side it won't be as crowded. Whether it will be "enjoyable" will I suppose depend on what type of experience you're looking for. If you just want to have a look at the five towns and enjoy the ambience, it would be something to consider. Some of the tourist businesses may be shutting down for the season then, but there should still be some hotels and restaurants open. I'd suggest checking the forecast prior to your trip, as it isn't as enjoyable in the rain. Happy travels!

Posted by
1446 posts

Nancy, I personally would not visit the CT in November. If it's raining, there really isn't much to do in the CT. We were there in mid-September a few years ago and for 2 days, it poured. Even with umbrellas, we got soaked and there were no indoor activities (i.e. museums, etc.) so we just went back to our room & waited for the rain to stop. The likelihood of rain increases in Oct/Nov and I just wouldn't chance it. I agree with Elle in that I would go somewhere else & visit the CT on a future trip earlier than November.