Please sign in to post.

Cinque terra question thread #29921

GF and i are landing in Pisa at 18:45 sunday september 28th. would love to get to CT that evening and find a place to stay for 3 days. dosnt look like we could get there till at least 9pm. so, couple questions: firstly, should we just hang out in pisa that night and get up early and travel to CT? secondly, we're looking for somewhere cheap to rest our heads for 2 or 3 nights, any thoughts?

c.

Posted by
6898 posts

Looking at the train schedule for 9/28, it looks like 9:30pm before you can get there. Since you don't appear to have reservations, drop in reservations might be quite tough that time of night. Just showing up in the CT for rooms seems to work but you should do this in the morning for the best shot at rooms. You might look into a hotel in Pisa for the night.

Posted by
1127 posts

I agree with Larry, stay in Pisa for the first night. Hit 5T early the next morning to find a room.

Posted by
340 posts

We went to Cinque Terre last Sept. and stayed in Vernazza in a room we rented from Elisabetta Carro via email [email protected]. This was recommended in Rick's 2007 book and we loved it. Her website is http://www.elisabettacarro.it/ and the photos are pretty accurate. We stayed in the room in the large photo upper left on her opening page with the double doors at the top of the stairs. 65euros/night included a comfortable bed and private bath. You will be perched atop the edge of a cliff, with the ocean waves crashing below you and a 360 view of the water and the hills from the rooftop patio. Ask for the room with the patio upstairs. Just be prepared for lots of steps (112 to our room from the street below!) Lots of people rent out rooms in the CT and I don't think you can really go wrong anywhere since the town is so small and intimate. Have fun!

Posted by
400 posts

Hi Craig, I agree with Lise about every said. We just stayed there in May and we felt like royalty while sitting on the rooftop terrace. Without a doubt the best view in all of the CT.

Posted by
157 posts

With an arrival at that time of night I would book a room before you go. You can take the train as has been pointed out - but go to tripadvisor.com to look for rooms and get one booked in advance. YOu may wish to consider Riomagiore as it is the first town on the train in from La Spezia - not that the others are a long way either. I stayed there and I really liked the town.