Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Italy

My daughter will be doing an internship in Liechtenstein for a year and we want to meet her in Italy for Christmas. I've heard about some natural hot springs near Tuscany that I thought sounds nice. We're also interested in a wine tour. And where to be for Christmas day is a big question. Do we do airBNB or a bed and breakfast? Or is there a hotel that would work? How many tourist sites are open at Christmas? And we were interested in Venice but I've heard that things may be closed there in the "off season". As you can see, I have many questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted by
7903 posts

All the tourist sites are open but not on Christmas day itself except for churches.

Posted by
20238 posts

Trying to figure out what would be closed in Venice other than on Christmas Day itself. Venice always has a lot going on, and Christmas avoids the crazy times from May to September and Carnevale.

Posted by
3812 posts

Venice lives on tourism; at Xmas time schools close for 12 days; many Italians can take up to 10 days off from work. Combine these 3 factors and you will understand why the off season starts after Christmas, around January 7.

On Xmas day everything run by Italians will be closed.