Please sign in to post.

Cell phone?????

. We found out yesterday that if we use our cell phones in Italy we will be charged $10.00 per phone each day. Which in our case will be $40.00 a day. We were also told that instead of paying the extra fee we could buy a SIM card in Italy. Any suggestions for us ????
P. S. We are happy with our phone plan so we would rather not switch to another.

Posted by
3812 posts

Tim has an offer aimed to foreign tourists called "TIM for Visitors". If You purchase it at Tim brand stores you pay 30 € and get 4 gigas of Internet traffic, 100 minutes of talking time to Italy and your home country, an italian number with free incoming calls and incoming texts and 5 € to text home and to keep the sim working. It's not bad, but this plan lasts only 30 days and can't be renewed.

There is another offer aimed to long term foireign residents in Italy, I think it costs the same but gives "only" 30 gigas of data. Bear in mind that it is automatically renewed every 28 days.

I think Vodafone and Wind have similar offers, but I don't know them.

Everything could change after June 15 when the new "anti roaming" EU rules will be enforced all over Europe.

Posted by
5225 posts

Tammy,
You may consider deleting this duplicate post so you can keep all your answers on one thread.

Enjoy your trip!