Please sign in to post.

Catanzaro

I have visited Italy several times, but I have never been to Catanzaro, the province from which my ancestors came (town of Albi). I've had trouble finding good tourist information (and some of what I have read is not all that appealing.) I'd appreciate any tips or comments from others who have visited Catanzaro, as well as any leads as to where I might obtain reliable tourist information for planning a trip.

Posted by
586 posts

Not a guidebook by any means, but a wonderfully written travel book called "Stolen Figs and Other Adventures in Calabria" by Mark Rotella certainly discusses Catanzaro and the region. I loved it, and it's about a part of Italy, as you said, not on the typical tourist's itinerary.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Dick, having some of the same issues. Comtemplating a trip next year to Decollatura (my ancestors) and Sicily (my wifes). Not a lot of info on Calabria tourism. Have been going on Facebook and genealogy sites for family name connections and seeing if I can get some info that way. Good luck in your search. I'll post whatever I find.