Please sign in to post.

Carnevale 2009 (Venice)

I just went to Italy in July and would like to return to Venice. I only had a day and a half there and absolutely loved it! Of course, with thanks to the Forum, my whole 12 day trip to Italy was amazing! (And it happens to be my b-day smack in the middle of the festivities)

Anyone know if any good packages? (too bad there is no tour just for Carnevale!) I'm researching, but holy buckets! Does anyone know of a website called gotoday.com?

Thanks,
Michele

Posted by
23 posts

Would it be a better idea to fly into a neighboring airport and train it to St Lucia? The flights to Marco Polo seem to be expensive and/or sold out and/or lay-overs. I would be flying out of New York/New Jersey (USA).

If so, which airport? Milan?

Is it ok to think there will be trains to St Lucia?

My b-day is smack in the middle of Carnevale, which is one of the reasons I want to go. Can you imagine!? I LOVED LOVED Venice and wish to experience more of it.

Posted by
255 posts

Michelle.....

Just so happens that we are very familiar with a website called gotoday.com. We used them for a trip to England in 1999 and then again in 2000. One thing I do caution you on. We had considered one of their packages again for our upcoming trip to Italy next month. We decided against it basically because of the locations of some of the hotels they offered. Since our trip was going to Venice, Florence and Rome, we found that hotels in one or more of the cities that were in the price range that we wanted were NOT very close to the attractions that we wanted to visit. Thus ground transporation costs and time became an issue. Do research the areas/locations of the hotels they offer before you book to ensure that it is in a location that you would want to stay in. Other than that, I think they offer a great product. Very reputable company to deal with.

Posted by
23 posts

Thanks Judy for your help.

I took a closer look and msot (if not all) the hotels are on the mainland not in Venice itself.

Maybe it's just a bit of a pipe dream! LOL!