Please sign in to post.

car Rental Insurance full coverage

Hi dears,

Need advice on whether i shld buy d extra full coverage Insurance where pick up Florence & drop off Venice for 3 days. The Rental co. Name is Ecovia. If i dont buy Frm d Rental car company Then where shld i buy? Thank you So very mch.

Regards
Zoolina

Posted by
32767 posts

I don't have a good answer but reading your request is difficult. You write using twitter speak but there is lots of space here to really spell out what you want to ask.

Posted by
4152 posts

I agree, you post is very difficult to understand.

If you don't buy insurances from the rental company they will put a huge hold on your credit card to guarantee they are paid if there is any damage to the vehicle. If you card cannot accommodate this high hold you will be denied the rental.

Donna

Posted by
483 posts

Even if you do, the car company can put a huge hold on your card.

I've read some bad reviews of Ecovia, and wonder if you might not be better served by Avis/Budget, Hertz or AutoEurope, who are much more major rental agencies.

Also, check your credit card's terms. Many have insurance that will cover the rental and there may be specific terms that would make opting for the full CDW invalid. I have an Amex for this purpose as it has great insurance and having a large hold on it isn't a problem as no one in Italy likes Amex to start with.

Posted by
798 posts

If you don't take the rental car company's insurance, the hold they will put on your credit card may well render it useless for any other purchases. Also check out what insurance your credit card company offers assuming they offer insurance in Italy which many don't. Also don't forget to get an IDP. Without and IDP, if you have an accident the odds are that your insurance will be cancelled and you will be on the hook for everything.

Posted by
127 posts

We are planning on renting a car to drive from Siena to Lucca. We have travel insurance purchased for our trip and we can add coverage for the car as well for minimal amount. Have you checked into that or has anyone done that? We would then buy the basic coverage from the rental company.....

Posted by
5 posts

Dearest All,

Thank you So vry mch for all your replies & advice. Let me Check whether i Can cancel my booking w Ecovia. In the meantime based on your replies it looks like i hve to buy d full coverage Insurance From The Rental company. I have checked my travel Insurance & cant add car Insurance coverage In my country. Thank you Again.