Please sign in to post.

Car rental in Tuscany

We will be renting a car through Autoeurope while staying outside San Gimignano for five days. We will be coming from CT and considering renting the car in Pisa and dropping it off in Florence to catch the train to Rome. Does this sound like a good idea? If so, there are several drop off points in Florence so which one would be easiest and close to the train station? Also which would be the best place to pick the car up if we do get it in Pisa? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
3313 posts

Best to pick up at the train station in Pisa and the drop at the airport in Florence, if you can. There shouldn't be a charge to drop there. Alternatively, you can drive into the city - it's not too bad - and drop at an office on the Borgo Ognissanti.

Posted by
143 posts

We just rented a car from Autoeurope, picked it up in Arrezzo (a short train ride from Cortona where we were), and dropped it off at Pisa airport. I don't know about Florence except that I personally would not want to drive into a big city. Guess I don't have much to offer, except the trains are pretty easy, inexpensive, and seem to run on time so we were glad we used train except when we wanted to see the small villages in Tuscany. Autoeurope is great! Julia