Please sign in to post.

car rental in La spezia

I'm thinking of choosing La Spezia as a drop off location for our rental car. Does anyone have any experience with dropping off a car there? I'm looking to find out how easy it is to get into the city and any other helpful details. From there my husband and I are taking the train to the Cinque Terre, we are assuming this would be a good drop off location but if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Posted by
711 posts

We rented a car in Venice and dropped it off 3 weeks later in La Spezia.It was europcar and we got it through Autoeurope. We did have a GPS and that made it very easy to drop off the car. La Spezia is not a small town. Our GPS took us right to the rental place and then we called a cab, went to the train station, and out to the Cinque Terre. The train Station was easy to navigate even with all our luggage and it was easy to get to the track and out to Vernazza. We were in Italy in May . We were in Vernazza a week and then took the train ti Pisa, stayed overnight, and flew to Rome , and home to the U.S. Very easy.