Please sign in to post.

Car Rental

I am about to rent a car for our trip to Italy in October... We will be in Tuscany after our visit to the CT...with Rick's advice I will use Autoeurope for our car rental...Pick up in Florence and drop off in Rome...four days to tour Tuscany $274.00 U.S. for a Fiat Panda, GPS not included... We will have spent three days in Florence prior to our visit to the CT. Any suggestions?

Posted by
9110 posts

I don't see anything magic about autoeurope, and never have. I go for the bottom line. Kayak.com shows the same deal with Hertz for a Panda at $205 in October. You might want to take a look.

Posted by
842 posts

We usually use Autoeurope to find our car rental agency when we rent a car in Europe. They are a broker that reps many of the major auto rental firms. We like the fact that they will match anyone's rates, and we really appreciate their customer service. You can pick up a phone at any time and talk to one of their reps in Maine and ask any question. But sometimes you can find a better deal; using your Costco card and their web site, using an AARP member discount#, thru search engines like Kayak, etc. Don't be afraid to some searching, and do a good job comparing the actual contract of any offer that you seriously consider. And.....bring yur own GPS. Or get one thru AutoEurope, and learn how to use it here. Please be carfeful about the ZTL's in Florence. I would not even get close to that city in a rental car.