Please sign in to post.

car rental

i don't understand what this means:
?* Limited kilometres for All car groups ?The limitation of kilometres thank you!

Posted by
9110 posts

It means that after X distance you're going to pay Y for each additional mile. It's most unusual unless you have an odd ball agency since the majors never impose it. I'd never accept it. Where did you see it and what are you trying to do?

Posted by
23240 posts

There is a daily limited in kilometers that the car can be driven without additional charges. For example, 150/km/day - 5 day rental. The max the car could be driven is 750 km. Obviously you can drive 100 one day and 200 the next but the total is limited.

Posted by
3696 posts

Find a rental company with unlimited mileage... I would never rent with one that has limits. There are plenty who have unlimited.

Posted by
2 posts

Many thanksthe weird thing is, it says limited kilometres, and then right below that, unlimited mileage (with a maximum of 4000 km per rental). This rental is way cheaper than the one I had reserved, and is through carrentalgroup. I think I'd better call them.

Posted by
32701 posts

it sounds like like your "unlimited" has some definite limits. Remember the old saying - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is... If they are considerably cheaper than everybody else, either what they lose on the swings they make up for on the roundabouts, or they misadvertise, or they don't make any money - - or they really do undercut everybody else. I wonder which?