Please sign in to post.

car rental

What is the best car rental company for Italy? We will be flying into and out of Milan Malpensa and will be in Italy for 12 days. We will need a car for the country but not necessarily for the cities.

Posted by
122 posts

We simply rented here through Hertz - comparable prices and pretty convenient.

Posted by
3313 posts

Autoeurope is a reliable consolidator. They have a 24-hour toll-free number in case you have any troubles.

Posted by
1455 posts

Sandy, Be sure to do your research on the car rental companies, even a well known one like Hertz. Search in the upper corner or see what others have to say about the rental companies.

There's been scams where these bogus law suit letters get sent.

click here to see a more recent post from a Rick travler

There are more posts. I'm not trying to spook you but its best to be aware.

Posted by
63 posts

We rented from Hertz in April and picked up in Siena with plans to drop off in Chiusi. No one bothered to tell us that Hertz was pullling out of Chiusi and turning their office over to a local car rental agency during our rental period. That meant we had to return back to Siena for the drop off and spend another 40 Euro for train changes. I'm not so sure I would rent from them again.

Posted by
3 posts

Gosh. Now I don't know if I want to hassle with a rental. Some of the experiences sound horrible. I guess I should just make sure of any damages before I leave the rental company and hope for the best.