Please sign in to post.

Capri, Italy

We are staying one week on Capri through a timeshare, is this too long, what are good day trips from the Island of Capri?

Posted by
687 posts

People usually day trip TO Capri, although I easily found enough to do for two full days. At least if you day trip you'll be going in the opposite direction to the crowds. Obvious possibilities are Naples, Pompeii/Herculaneum, Ischia, Procida and the Amalfi Coast.

Posted by
347 posts

Like Kathy said, also Sorento and a small town called Nerano for great Zuccini and Pasta on the Beach.

Posted by
515 posts

From Capri (which probably is wonderful in the evening after the day trippers leave) you can ferry hop all over the Bay of Naples for day trips. On a trip to Naples, I spent 2 full days of day trips taking ferries (or ferries to ferries to ferries) to see Ischia, Procida, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi etc. I paid no attention to the schedules or to which company was running which ferries or to whether the schedules were synchronized (they were not, not even close) I relied on dumb luck and on the schedules posted on the dock. I figured that in the worst case I would become marooned until a ferry back to Naples showed up; that is why long lunches were invented. Having said that, I would not rely on dumb luck again. I have since learned that sometimes some ferry companies don't operate throughout the Summer and I have learned that the schedules posted on the web may or may not be current. Your hotel on Capri should be able to tell you how to get the current schedules for whatever ferries you want to use. If your trip will not be in the Summer, I have no idea about the ferries. http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/destinations/italy/amalfi.htm